Regional Sales Representative, Ontario
As a Regional Sales Representative, Ontario, you will be responsible for developing and executing a sales strategy to increase penetration of our core wood product lines in Ontario, capitalizing on the federal single-use plastics ban in Canada. This position drives all aspects of the sales process from prospecting to account management, with a focus on regional distributors and direct end-user accounts.
Reports to the Senior Account Manager
- Create and execute a proactive strategy to achieve sales and profit plan for assigned region and achieve company growth and profit objectives
- Manage and coordinate the activities of the company’s wood product sales efforts including development, execution and administration of regional sales initiatives, objectives, and profit margins
- Prospect and establish new retail, wholesale, and corporate accounts in target markets
- Attend trade shows to promote core products and obtain new accounts
- Seek distributor relationships where necessary to penetrate selected geographic locations or targeted accounts
- Keep informed on competitors, customers, new products, market trends and other general industry information
- Become a trusted advisor by selling consultatively and making recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their sustainability issues
- Oversee all aspects of account management, including order fulfillment, credit account status, training, and demonstration of product, etc.
- Solicit ongoing feedback from clients to improve customer experience or identify opportunities
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, cold-calling, email, and in-person networking.
- Manage opportunities and sales process with the company’s ERP tool (Oracle NetSuite)
- Assist in the implementation of company marketing plans and support product development opportunities
- Support, demonstrate, and promote the company’s mission and vision
- Be an expert on Icon Global Supply’s wood product line with the ability to address customer questions clearly and accurately while effectively conveying our unique value proposition
Qualifications & Competencies
- Required to reside in the region
- General understanding of foodservice distribution and disposables markets
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 5 or more years of successful sales, account management or business development experience preferably in the food service industry
- Ability to work independently and as a team to achieve goals while self-managing remotely via strong planning and time management skills
- Self-motivated and willing to contact dozens of new prospects per day with the possibility of rejection on each call
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of quality and accuracy
- Ability to travel for client meetings and trade shows (may be required to work weekends for meetings, trade shows, etc.)
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and computer skills including proficiency with Excel functions and formulas. Experience using ERP or CRM system preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both to customers and internal contacts
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with high standards and attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills and the genuine desire to negotiate win/win situations
This is a full-time, remote position located in Ontario with occasional visits to our Head Office in Vancouver. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary + bonus based on meeting performance objectives
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits program including medical, dental, life and disability insurance