BC Sales Support Specialist
As a BC Sales Support Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining and servicing customer accounts in British Columbia, including order processing, customer service, new account onboarding, price quotations, and other administrative duties. This role will solicit customer feedback and analyze data to identify trends or opportunities to increase value through pricing adjustments, promotions, cross-selling or upselling. You will also support the sales team’s efforts to acquire and retain new customers in the region by seeking referrals and conducting market research to generate leads.
Reports to the Senior Account Manager
- Answering customer inquiries, scheduling sales meetings, booking travel, and following up with customers about their order status
- Maintaining customer accounts, following up with customers for administrative purposes, and providing troubleshooting assistance for orders, account statuses, and other issues
- Creating and processing orders in a timely manner using the company ERP system (Oracle NetSuite), processing requests for rush orders, and reviewing pending orders and customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Supporting the sales team’s efforts to acquire new customers in the region, including prospecting and lead generation and preparing proposals, pitches, and RFP responses
- Conducting market research, evaluating existing accounts, and analyzing sales data to identify trends or opportunities and liaising with account managers to develop sales strategies
- Performing data entry tasks for sales figures, metrics, and other relevant information and maintaining them in the company’s ERP system (NetSuite)
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure seamless onboarding of new accounts
- Resolving issues and handling customer complaints
- Generating quotes, calculating pricing scenarios, and responding to pricing inquiries as needed
- Coordinating sample shipments to customers and prospects
- Address customer questions clearly and accurately while effectively conveying Icon Global Supply’s unique value proposition
- Supports, demonstrates, and promotes the company’s values, mission, and vision
Qualifications & Competencies
- Self-motivated and driven to perform with ability to maintain high standards under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate analytical, Microsoft Office and computer skills; particularly MS Excel skills including knowledge of pivot tables, sorting functions, formulas, etc.
- Professional communication skills with the ability to resolve issues between internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems a plus
- Prior experience in sales administration, fulfillment, or customer service a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
This is a full-time position located in an open office environment at our Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
The above are intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. The omission of specific statement of duties does not exclude them from the position.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive base salary + bonus based on meeting performance objectives
- 3 weeks paid vacation + 5 personal days
- Comprehensive health benefits program including medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Flexible/Hybrid work arrangement
- Flat organizational structure with supportive and collaborative culture
- Continuous growth through ongoing learning and challenges